About Me

My photo
I wear many hats. I am a Wife, Mother, Daughter, Granddaughter, Friend, Dental Assistant, Student, Big Sister, Daughter-in-law, Sister-in-law, Chef, Gardener, Nurse, Maid, Plumber, Seamstress...

Friday, January 23, 2009

A birthday gift

My mother game me this sculpture for my 29th birthday. It is two women hugging. They almost look like they are dancing and twirling around and having fun. My mother said that it is me and Shonda. I think it's beautiful.
It is made by an artist named Cindy Burden: Encore Women of the Way. The brochure that comes with it reads,
"...she transfers her faith and personal testimony into each of her sculptures...Each one has a story and scripture that were her inspiration..." This particular sculpture is called,
"Joyous Reunion"
"...The redeemed of the Lord shall return...
And everlasting joy shall be upon their heads."
Isaiah 51:11
www.the-encore-group.com

Looks like I will be starting a new collection.
I also like The Willow Tree figurines.

This is my current collection of Willow Tree figurines.

The one on the left is called "Prayer:Bless and keep all safe." A woman at church gave it to me.
The one on the right is called "Angel of the Heart:For those who love and are loved." I think my mother game me that one.

This box was given to me by Larry. It is called "From the heart." The inside of the box reads: "Love, Heartfelt and True."

This one is my favorite one. This box was given to me by Mylan. It is called "Tenderness." The inside of the box reads: "Treasuring a quiet moment of motherhood."

No comments: