About Me

My photo
I wear many hats. I am a Wife, Mother, Daughter, Granddaughter, Friend, Dental Assistant, Student, Big Sister, Daughter-in-law, Sister-in-law, Chef, Gardener, Nurse, Maid, Plumber, Seamstress...

Monday, May 31, 2010

It's Time to Take Action!!

This is me approximately 2 years ago, a size 6, when I bought this dress to wear for a friends wedding. I am planning to wear this dress again in a year for my mother-in-laws awards ceremony for her job. She said I have to dress up. For those of you who don't know me that well...I don't like to wear dresses much. This morning I woke up feeling like a big slob. Not a good feeling. So I decided to try the dress on today. I couldn't even zip the dress up all the way!! Yikes! This was a good thing and a bad thing. Bad because I felt even worse. Good because it has motivated me that much more.
So what size am I now?? A size 8! Not that a size 8 is anything to freak out over. However, I am not happy at a size 8. So the game is on! I know that I've gained a little weight over the years but when a woman starts to feel down on herself about it then it's time to take some action. When I met Larry I was 115lbs and I am now pushing 135lbs! Yikes! Now I know that I am probably breaking some kind of "woman's law" or something by telling you my weight but the way I see it is that if I say it out loud and to all of you who read my blog that it will drive me to work harder. I know that at some point you will see me and be able to tell if I am working at it or not. I need all the motivation I can get because I am not a fan of exercise.
So tomorrow I am starting the first day of my journey to be a size 6 again. Pasha and I are going to start working out together again. We usually run. I read somewhere that swimming is the fastest way to weight loss and that running was the second fastest way. Since I am not a swimmer I think I can handle running a few times a week.
Wish me luck!

No comments: