About Me

My photo
I wear many hats. I am a Wife, Mother, Daughter, Granddaughter, Friend, Dental Assistant, Student, Big Sister, Daughter-in-law, Sister-in-law, Chef, Gardener, Nurse, Maid, Plumber, Seamstress...

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Our little adventure

Today after church and lunch me, Mylan, and Larry went to the ball field to do a little baseball practice. Mylan did very well today! He was hitting well, throwing well, and catching well!
Mylan plays the catcher position. He really enjoys it. This surprised us because under all of the gear he is dripping with sweat and NEVER complains about it. However, he is smart enough that if he's getting too hot he does speak up and ask to be switched out. WE ARE SO PROUD OF HIM!! For some reason Mylan likes for me to go out and practice with them. To be honest with you, I DO NOT LIKE THE HEAT. Mylan knows this because he'll say, "Come on Ashlyne, don't be afraid of a little sweat!" Then he'll give me big hugs and tons of kisses and say, "Will you please come and practice with us. You're such a good out fielder!" Now how can I resist that?! After practice is over Mylan likes for me to bat. I am a terrible batter. It's embarrassing! But I am having fun with my boys and that's all that matters. Larry will pitch to me and Mylan will field. Mylan in always cheering me on though. When I swing badly he'll hang his head down and shake it. Larry is Mylan's coach and Mylan in my coach. I think he enjoys teaching me!

On our way home we decided to stop at these trails that we drive by all the time. Mylan and I have always been curious to see where they lead to. Larry used to ride his bike on them as a kid. We came to a few dead ends and a few GIGANTIC spider webs! Yuck! We ended up finding a bike down at the bottom of a big ditch. Mylan and I convinced daddy to climb down there to get it.
It's a pretty cool bike! It needs a few things fixed on it though: flat tires, loose handle bars, a tear in the seat. I ended up having to ride it home because it wouldn't fit in the trunk. That was a funny sight! We ended up turning it in to the police. It just felt like the right thing to do.

No comments: