About Me

My photo
I wear many hats. I am a Wife, Mother, Daughter, Granddaughter, Friend, Dental Assistant, Student, Big Sister, Daughter-in-law, Sister-in-law, Chef, Gardener, Nurse, Maid, Plumber, Seamstress...

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

www.poetry.com

I came across this poem that I wrote back in high school.

Paradise Lost

You are born into this world innocent and pure of quilt.
It is he who preys on those pure of heart.
Sin's are unknown,
But as you reach your top,
You can no longer see what's down below.
The lost innocence of those unmentioned.
Below are luscious green and yellow leaves fallen from the fall.
The sun in warm on your freckled cheeks
As your squish the creamy mud through your toes.
Each day the untold, unforgotten memories fade somewhere
In a dark space in the back corners of your mind.
In my new higher world.
They all rush by.
Blurs of faded colors.
Coming and going.
Taking only what they need or want.
Groveling pigs die of starvation of knowing
Hungary squawking vultures swoop.
Lost in the time zone of "Why?"

Ashlyne Taylor

No comments: