About Me

My photo
I wear many hats. I am a Wife, Mother, Daughter, Granddaughter, Friend, Dental Assistant, Student, Big Sister, Daughter-in-law, Sister-in-law, Chef, Gardener, Nurse, Maid, Plumber, Seamstress...

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Lets Blow some Stuff Up!!!




Well it's that time of year again when Mylan's baseball team has the fireworks tent. If you've ever done it you know just how exhausting it is and what dirty work it can be. Larry and I usually work the night shifts because we don't like to have to deal with the heat and the general public. However, those night shifts really throw us out of whack. On Friday I worked 2pm to 8pm and then had to turn around to work the Midnight to 4am shift so I decided that there was no point in even going to bed. Phew! I'll never do that again. Larry worked the 4am to 8am shifts this weekend. It looks like Larry and I will be spending July 5th recouping from lack of sleep this weekend.


It is amazing the amount of money some people will spend on fireworks! They may as well just light several hundred dollar bills on fire! It's nuts! Being that we have a 10 yr old boy, that boys like fire and to blow things up we can't get away with not spending anything on fireworks. So we set a budget and let Mylan pick some things out. It's also nice that we get a discount from working the tent. Although I am not one to get too excited about fireworks I do enjoy fireworks when Mylan is around. It's hard not to share in his excitement! Our favorite thing to do together is to buy some firecrackers called "Little Dynamite" and blow up old pop cans or old water bottles. We fill them up with water and then light a few Little Dynamites, stick them in the bottle or can and then run before it flies into the air and explodes! This year we not only bought the Little Dynamites but we also got some bigger ones too so that we can blow up old milk jugs and laundry detergent jugs! Woo-Hoo!



No comments: