About Me

My photo
I wear many hats. I am a Wife, Mother, Daughter, Granddaughter, Friend, Dental Assistant, Student, Big Sister, Daughter-in-law, Sister-in-law, Chef, Gardener, Nurse, Maid, Plumber, Seamstress...

Friday, August 14, 2009

Now that's a good team mate!

Last night at Mylan's foot ball practice I saw Mylan being a good team mate! I was so proud of him! At the end of every practice the boys are required to sprint together as a team. The coach has them start and finish the sprint a specific way...as a team. they have to keep doing it until they do it right...as a team. Are you seeing the pattern yet? Sports are all about being a team. You know the old saying, "There is no "I" in "Team"." There is one boy in particular who doesn't run fast at all. He is always the last one to finish. Coach says there is nothing wrong with that as he was shouting encouragement to this kid, "If that's you're pace, that's fine but you keep moving! You keep going and don't slow down! You finish it all the way!" So during the boys final sprint I saw Mylan pat this kid on the shoulder and say something. Then Mylan ran along side this kid all the way to the finish. It felt great to see my kid doing this. Mylan knows that he can run faster but instead he encouraged his team mate and ran right along side him til the end. I am so proud of Mylan!

No comments: