About Me

My photo
I wear many hats. I am a Wife, Mother, Daughter, Granddaughter, Friend, Dental Assistant, Student, Big Sister, Daughter-in-law, Sister-in-law, Chef, Gardener, Nurse, Maid, Plumber, Seamstress...

Friday, February 27, 2009

Shut Up and Quit Complining

Ha, that title got your attention didn't it?!

Tonight Larry, Mylan and I ran an errand at Wal-Mart. Good ol' wally world. There has been a lot of lay offs happening around our community. However, there is still a lot of people complaining about their jobs. I don't understand that at all. There are a lot of people in our community struggling to make ends meet or even getting a job due to all of the lay offs and companies cutting back due to the economy. So I just can't stomach listening to anyone complaining about their jobs anymore. Tonight the cashier at Wal-Mart was complaining about his job. Larry mentioned that he should be grateful that he has a job since a lot of people don't. The cashier actually disagreed! Can you believe that?! Then he proceeded to tell us that he has applied for another job working for the city or something like that. So I looked at Larry and said something like, "Hm, well he's awfully brave to be telling that to strangers like us being that I am a Wal-Mart manager and all." You should have seen that guys face! It was priceless! Then I told him that I was only kidding. For a guy who hated his job so much I sure had him scared for a minute there. That's too bad I told him I was kidding. I should have left him thinking that I really was a Wal-Mart manager. Give him something to think about.

Be thankful for the job you have people and quit your whining...Please!

No comments: