About Me

My photo
I wear many hats. I am a Wife, Mother, Daughter, Granddaughter, Friend, Dental Assistant, Student, Big Sister, Daughter-in-law, Sister-in-law, Chef, Gardener, Nurse, Maid, Plumber, Seamstress...

Saturday, August 9, 2008

The St. Louis Arch Gateway to the West

The Arch was one of my favorite things to do in St. Louis. The only problem I had was the hight. I am afraid of heights. Although I began to feel a little dizzy and off balance once we got to the top of the arch I do my best not to let the fear stop me from doing things.

We had to climb a lot of steps to get to the Arch!

The Arch stands 630 feet in the sky. It is made of 900 tons of stainless steel panels. In order to get to the top of the Arch people have to ride a little elevator that looks like a small egg shaped space capsule. Only five people can fit inside while sitting knee to knee. I wouldn't recommend it if you are claustrophobic.




Mylan thought it was really cool to look out over the city from the small windows at the top of the Arch. He said that the city looked like one of those models of a city you see in museums.

Here is Busch Stadium.

Here is the shadow of the Arch being cast over the city and you can see Busch Stadium over to the upper left.

No comments: