About Me

My photo
I wear many hats. I am a Wife, Mother, Daughter, Granddaughter, Friend, Dental Assistant, Student, Big Sister, Daughter-in-law, Sister-in-law, Chef, Gardener, Nurse, Maid, Plumber, Seamstress...

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Mylan's Annual Halloween Party 2007

Every year Mylan has his annual Halloween party. He tells me that all of his friends at school look forward to it all year long! Larry and Mylan dressed up as St. Louis Cardinals Baseball players.

I dressed up as a Doctor.


We make lots of delicious foods: Witches Brew Punch, Moldy Bones (Bread Sticks with Marinara Sauce), Skeleton Bones (White Chocolate dipped Pretzels), Monster Mud (A chocolate dessert), Gravestones (Cupcakes). Every year we try to mix it up with different foods than we had the year before. The kids love the weird foods and weird names for the foods.

We use our back room for the main party area. I only use decorations that are things that kids can see anywhere: Spiders, Webs, Pumpkins, Dark lighting. I don't like all of those "horror" Halloween decorations. I just don't want my kids around that, which is partly why I started this little "Annual Halloween Party" tradition, I can control some of my kids "Halloween Environment" and "ideas of Halloween". So far it's been a BIG HIT!!

This is the "Gross Feeling Bucket". The kids can basically use their imagination to what is in it. You know boy, they like the icky stuff. So I peel grape tomatoes for eye balls, cooked spaghetti noodles for intestines, cauliflower for brains and a little bit of vegetable oil to keep things a little slimy...use your imagination for whatever you want to put in the bucket.

I used boxes that I connected together with bunch of tape to make a dark tunnel for the kids to crawl through. I poked little holes along the top of the box tunnel and poked a string of orange lights down the tunnel. I also stapled spider webs and spiders along the inside of the box tunnel. I covered the outside of the box tunnel with black plastic tables clothes for visual appeal. I taped the box to the wall because I knew the kids would get wild, however, by the end of the night there wasn't any webs or spiders left inside the tunnel and the box was no longer attached to the wall!



We had lots of different characters at our party. (I am sorry about the neck cramps, but I couldn't figure out how to turn the photos upright).


Our guests included: An adorable Dumbo...


A cute Skeleton...


A very interesting character...


A Penguin...Actually we had two Penguins (brother and sister)...


And we also had several Spiderman's...


We always play the kids most favorite game: The Mummy game. The kids wrap each other in toilet paper! It's always a FUN MESS!!

The boys eventually found the table hockey game.

Every year the party is a big success! I love that Mylan can get some of his friends together and have a BLAST!

No comments: