About Me

My photo
I wear many hats. I am a Wife, Mother, Daughter, Granddaughter, Friend, Dental Assistant, Student, Big Sister, Daughter-in-law, Sister-in-law, Chef, Gardener, Nurse, Maid, Plumber, Seamstress...

Saturday, April 12, 2008

I Am Blessed

Tuesday, I started to feel sick so I was in bed asleep by about 7:30pm or so. Later Larry and Mylan comes upstairs, for whatever reason, and Larry crawls onto the other side of the bed and is teasing me by staring at me while I am trying to sleep. Then in comes Mylan. Mylan crawls up on the bed and lays down next to Larry and then Larry whispers something to Mylan. Next thing I know Mylan is giving me the sweetest little kiss on my cheek. I open my eyes and see Mylan's innocent little face looking at me with such concern. He just melts my heart. Then the boys sneak away.

Yesterday, Friday, I was telling Mylan that I went to the doctor and that the doctor told me that I have strep throat. I knew that Mylan would relate to how icky I was feeling because he has had strep before. I could see that Mylan was intensely listening to every word I was saying so I continued, "Do you know what the doctor told me?" Mylan says, "What did he say?" I said, "He told me that he could see that my throat was already getting better. Do you know how he could tell?" Mylan said, "How?" I said, "Well he turned my head to look at my cheeks and then the doctor said that he could tell that I had gotten some very special kisses on Tuesday night!" Mylan's eyes got wide and he said, "Did he really say that?" I said, "Yeah!" Then Mylan said laughing, "No he didn't!"

Last night, I was so tired (haven't been sleeping well and neither as my dear hubby-due to me) so I told the boys that I was going to bed. This was around 9:15pm. Mylan paused the intense baseball video game that he and Larry are playing (my boys take their baseball very seriously) and he walks up to me and tugs me down to give me a GREAT BIG HUG and lots of sweet little kisses. Then Mylan says to me, "I hope that helps you to get better." I told him that it defiantly would. Once I got upstairs, I found my journal and wrote a thank you to God for blessing me with my boys. I couldn't have asked for a better family.

I know that sometimes we all complain about silly things in our lives. At the time they seem so important to us, but later we realize how unimportant they really are. We ask God to change this or that. We take a lot for granted. Sometimes we fail to see, hear, or feel the smallest of blessings in our lives. Mylan just reminded me of how blessed I really I am and I just wanted to share that with you.

Love,
Ashlyne

No comments: