About Me

My photo
I wear many hats. I am a Wife, Mother, Daughter, Granddaughter, Friend, Dental Assistant, Student, Big Sister, Daughter-in-law, Sister-in-law, Chef, Gardener, Nurse, Maid, Plumber, Seamstress...

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Graffiti

I teach Youth Sunday School at my church. This the mural that has been in my classroom for years. It isn't even finished. Boring! So I had an idea. I wanted something bright, colorful, youthful and fun. I like graffiti art and the look and feeling of it. So I went on a search for someone that could complete this vision for me. I was beginning to think that I wouldn't find anyone until one day I took a wrong turn while driving. I drove past a church that had a bus parked in front of it. On the side of this bus was a graffiti mural that read "Big Faith". I was so excited about my find that I called the church and got the name of the person who did the mural for them. His name is Richard.

It took Richard 7 hours to complete the mural.

This is the completed mural. I LOVE IT!! So do my students!

No comments: