About Me

My photo
I wear many hats. I am a Wife, Mother, Daughter, Granddaughter, Friend, Dental Assistant, Student, Big Sister, Daughter-in-law, Sister-in-law, Chef, Gardener, Nurse, Maid, Plumber, Seamstress...

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

House work

Who likes to do housework? Not too many people that I know. Who finds doing house work easy to do willingly? Didn't think so. Most of us only do actually house cleaning when we are expecting company. Me? I occasionally get into this "house cleaning" mood and when I do, it's best to stay out of my way. Most days I dread house work. I simply have no drive to do it. My husband really dislikes that. What I am wondering though is why does it seem to me that in most households it is the woman who does the house work. Now don't get me wrong, my husband does somethings around the house: he does the cooking, I clean up the kitchen and dishes, he does the bill paying/finances, and we share the laundry duties. However, despite the "understood"/"agreed upon" duties, why does it still seems as though the woman of the house does more household chores. Is this just an silly idea of mine/illusion?

No comments: