About Me

My photo
I wear many hats. I am a Wife, Mother, Daughter, Granddaughter, Friend, Dental Assistant, Student, Big Sister, Daughter-in-law, Sister-in-law, Chef, Gardener, Nurse, Maid, Plumber, Seamstress...

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Oh the dreaded "to-do list"

Ah, the dreaded homeowners "to-do" list. The list goes on and on...
There are so many things that we want to get done to our home. Every day I look around and see the list all around me. I try not to think about that list. However, I can't wait to get the things on that list done. Our home will look and feel so much better!

Larry and I have been talking about having a baby in the next couple of years. First, we would like to get somethings paid down. So, in order to do that I have taken on a second job. I am 28 and Larry is going to be 35 soon. This is not the ideal age that either of us would like to be when we make this life changing decision but life never goes exactly as we plan. The decision to have a baby did not come lightly for me. I have thought and prayed hard about it for quite a while. I wanted to be sure that it wasn't just some "selfish want" type of decision. The fact that I have even come to a decision doesn't mean that it will happen either. People try to have a baby all the time and sometimes it doesn't happen. It's all in God's hands.

At the beginning of every year everyone always says, "So what's your new years resolution?" I didn't make any new years resolutions. I decided that since I don't ever keep them that there is no point in making any. I do have my self improvement list though. It's always stored away in my head: to take better are of myself eating/exercise, to work on my communication skills, to work on being more patient, to work on my house keeping skills (this excludes cooking)...to be a better person over all.

No comments: