About Me

My photo
I wear many hats. I am a Wife, Mother, Daughter, Granddaughter, Friend, Dental Assistant, Student, Big Sister, Daughter-in-law, Sister-in-law, Chef, Gardener, Nurse, Maid, Plumber, Seamstress...

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy 2008!!

Wow! Where did 2007 go?! It all went by so fast! I'll give ya a little recap of 2007 for my family.

Mylan has been a busy little bee with his love of sports. He has gone to several sports camps through out the year where he learned some new skills to improve his game. He is one competitive kid for such a little guy. He got the opportunity to play on a scrimmage team with some older boys. The older boys took Mylan right under their wing and gave him pointers on how to improve some of his skills. Mylan's favorite position to play is catcher. It amazes me to watch him playing the catcher position because I can see just how much he loves it. While I am sitting in the stands with the other moms, sweating our butts off and complaining about it, my little guy is out there working so hard. He wears all of his catchers gear, plays hard, tries his hardest and when he heads into the dugout and takes off that helmet he is dripping with sweat. Yet, inning after inning he gets right back out there giving it his all. He is a very determined little boy.

Larry has been pretty busy too. Larry and Mylan practice baseball all the time. Rain or shine...they are practicing. Sometimes indoors and sometimes outdoors. What can I say...my boys love their sports.

Now don't forget about the "sports moms"...um that's me...we do a lot of work too. I mean we do some chauffeuring back and forth, bring the ice chest full of drinks and snacks to keep our boys strong and hydrated, and don't forget cheering our boys on. That cheering part, that's a tough job. Actually it's quite fun! I really enjoy watching my boys do what they love. I am still teaching 3rd, 4th and 5th grade Sunday school. I love it! The kids can be a challenge sometimes but it all works out at the end of the day. I am now working two jobs...Bath and Body and the dental job. It's hard work, but I enjoy it. Larry and I want to get some things paid off and he couldn't very well get a second job with as many hours as he already works, so I did.

Larry and I are both involved in a ministry at our church called Angel Food Ministries. It is a ministry that provides food for a lot lower cost than in grocery stores. People place their order throughout the month and once a month we distribute the food through our church.

So...it's 2008. On to another busy year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl! When are you going to update. I read your blogger.

Daddy